Monday 4 December 2017

Christmas Tote- The Flower Challenge

Good Morning
It's time for some fun creating at The Flower Challenge.
This month the challenge has a bit of a twist....


Check out the amazing things the DT's have created.
We also welcome our special guest Michelle Short from The Card Grotto this month.

Last year, I made a few of these fun Totebags which are just the perfect size for gifting some of your handmade cards, baked goodies or other gifts instead of using a basket.
The nice thing is that once you get the basic design of the tote, you can adjust the measurements of the sides and the bottom to create a bag of any size.

Here is the video link to see how it was created...

Chic Totebag

To see the totebags I made last year see these blog post:
 Totebag for Cardgiving
 Chic Totebag

For my bag, I chose a red paper that reminded me of a cozy red sweater.
Using the video above, I cut my paper and assembled my bag.
For my flower embellishment, I placed the Red Star from Penny Black into my Misti and coloured it with my Tombow markers.  I sprayed with water and stamped onto my paper.  When the flower was completely dry, I fussy cut it out and glued it onto the front of my bag.  I love how it perked the whole thing up and made it feel more festive.
I wanted to add a little tag, so I stamped the sentiment from the Penny Black sentiment set called Love and Peace, cut it into a tag shape and attached it with a piece of silver twine.






Please come and play along with us.
Your project can be as simple as a gift tag or as elaborate as you want.


Adding my tote to these challenges:
Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES
The Crazy Challenge- CHRISTMAS IS COMING
613 Avenue Create- ANYTHING GOES OPTIONAL CHRISTMAS


Supplies
Stamps- Red Star (PB); Love and Peace (PB)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento; Tombow markers
Paper- heavy white; DP?
Accessories and Tools- Misti; silver cord; black gems;Tombow clear glue, ScorPal

21 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Karen, what a gorgeous bag, I love the colours and paper you've used to create it, Kate x

I Card Everyone said...

you HAD ME at Houndstooth! Gorgeous, Karen!
=]

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is fabulous Karen
Gr Karin

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is so beautiful and to think you made it with papers. I love it!

Aileen said...

I love your Chic Tote bag and if postage wasnt so high to Australia I would pull the best friend stunt and demand my bag but I will settle on admiring your bag mf. Brilliant idea and looks so cool.

Susan said...

That is fabulous, Karen! Beautiful poinsettia to embellish the bag! The dp you used plus the style of that poinsettia give a very retro look to the project!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful little Christmas tote. Love the poinsettia.

Pat said...

What a beautiful basket Karen and I adore the houndstooth patterned card and the pretty poinsettia as decoration. x

Bobby said...

This is fantastic, Karen. Such attention to detail.

nancy littrell said...

Your beautiful bag is perfect for any occasion, but with the addition of your gorgeous watercolored and fussy cut poinsettia and sweet tag...instant bag for a special Christmas gift. What could be nicer than a set of your beautiful cards, my friend. TFS Karen.

P.S. I made a bag for a baby gift last year after I was inspired by your earlier bags. It is a fun bag to make. TFS Hugs..

TaeEun said...

This is awesome! Your totebag is pretty and festive! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous tote, Karen, such a great way to give a gift :)

Bonnie said...

What a pretty and festive Christmas bag, Karen! Love the addition of the flower! It makes a delightful gift!

Helen Gullett said...

This is one beautiful tote bag, Karen!

Loll said...

Your bag is chic, Karen. Love the houndstooth design and red, white and black colours. Your poinsettia is so pretty. What a lovely way to give a gift for Christmas! xx

Cara said...

Just adorable, such a fabulous way to present a gift x

Anke said...

Oh Karen your bag looks fantastic.

Hugs
NAke

Viv said...

Loving your beautiful festive Totebag Karen, what a great idea too.Great design and love the amazing Poinsettia flower too of course ;) hugs Viv xx

Ruth said...

Genius!!! I love it - I've been thinking about making fabric tote bags, but I could also make paper ones too. Love it - and that bright red realy appeals to me xx

Iskra said...

what a lovely tote,like the colors, the model :) everything. Thanks for sharing with as at The Crazy Challenge.
Iskra DT

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fun! That paper makes this awesome